Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:19:10 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
To:        "Brossin Pierrick" <pbrossin@swissgeeks.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache2 and php4

From: "Brossin Pierrick" <pbrossin@swissgeeks.com>

> Hi and thank you for your very fast answer!
>
> :: # cd /usr/local/etc/apache
> :: # grep php httpd.conf
> :: LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache/libphp4.so
>
> humm this file doesn't exist on my system.
> I tried to "distclean" and "deinstall" apache2 and php4 and "install"
both
> of them again but the file `libphp4.so` is not there.

Whaaaat???

did you install php4, or mod_php4?  For use with Apache you should be
doing:

# cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
# make install

if you went to

# cd /usr/ports/lang/php
# make install

That would explain your problems.

PS: I should mention that I have not used Apache 2 yet, so if there is
"something tricky" required for that I would not know about it!

---
Regards,
Patrick O'Reilly.
    http://www.perimeter.co.za