Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 2004 02:28:11 +0300
From:      Haim Ashkenazi <haim@babysnakes.org>
To:        andy@hodgkins.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: newbie question about compiling kernel on compaq proliant 6400R

--=-zP8WItuFvwmoiG7wG4dj

Hi

any idea why I don't see your respond through nntp? I see that you've
sent it to the list also. strange...

> I had similar problems on a dual processor Pentium Pro Compaq, and it
> turned out you had to make sure you selected the right OS type in the BIO=
> for an SMP kernel to work.  If you didn't, it would hang exactly like you=
're describing.  IIRC, you had to select 'Unixware' in the SmartStart
> setup, but you might have to experiment with other choices to get the
> right one.=20
>=20
can I do it after the installation? I thought I can only do it before...
If I remember I've set it to "other" (there was no freebsd in the list).

thanx
--=20
Haim

--=-zP8WItuFvwmoiG7wG4dj