Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:58:49 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading firmware on Areca RAID card?

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 08:35:25 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions
you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I would like to upgrade the firmware on my Areca ARC-1210 SATA RAID
>card. Has anyone out there done this, and if so, do you have any advice
>on doing it?
>
>Any tips, pointers, advice, or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

I have done a few through the web interface on FreeBSD and they worked
as expected.

both

arcmsr0: <ARECA ARC1110 PCI-X 4 PORTS SATA RAID CONTROLLER=20
and
arcmsr0: <ARECA ARC1210 PCI-EXPRESS 4 PORTS SATA RAID CONTROLLER=20

seemed to work fine

	---Mike

Mike Tancsa, Sentex communications http://www.sentex.net
Providing Internet Access since 1994