Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:40:22 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Jos Chrispijn <ports@webrz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portmaster | exclude port update(s)

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Jos Chrispijn <ports@webrz.net> wrote:
> If I want to exclude a port being updated in portupgrade, I define that in
> /etc/pkgtools.conf.
> How can I do this for portmaster? I read about an IGNOREME parameter, but
> that is on the command line?

# touch /var/db/pkg/<portname>/+IGNOREME

After that, anytime portmaster runs and <portname> is included in the
list of ports to update, a message will appear asking if you want to
skip that port because it has +IGNOREME set.

It's not 100% automated (as in always skip), but it works really well.
 The question acts as a reminder that you set that, in case you ever
forget.  :)

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com