Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:18:41 +0100
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: MANUAL_FETCH

--2feizKym29CxAecD

> - Introduce generic support in bsd.port.mk that will allow ports to use o=
ne=20
> (or at least few) variables to indicate a manual fetch is required.
>=20
> I'm not a Makefile-guru, but I could imagine something like this:
>=20
> MANUAL_FETCH=3D	YES
>=20

I would like to share this idea that popped into my mind while I read
your post:

Every port that needs a manual fetch will direct the user to an external
site. So what about something like this:

mandatory:
MANUAL_FETCH_SITE=3D         http://www.manual/fetch/...
MANUAL_FETCH_DISTFILES=3D    file1 \
                           file2

optional:
MANUAL_FETCH_DISTDIR=3D      <subdir in ${DISTDIR}>

which will be used by bsd.port.mk to generate a nice message that asks
the user to visit that site and to save those files to ${DISTDIR}.

I could also imagine an optional file that contains further
instructions, e.g. pkg-mf-msg

Simon

--2feizKym29CxAecD

--2feizKym29CxAecD--