Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:36:35 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Mikel King <mikel.king@olivent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, dgoodin@theregister.com
Subject:   Re: reporter on deadline seeks comment about reported security bug in FreeBSD

--------------enig98878D655EED2E5D783A4EC3

Mikel King wrote:

> Hasn't 6.x been End Of Lifed? I mean considering that 8.0 is expected t=
o=20
> be released either later this month or early next, and 6.x will be=20
> officially retired at that time, is it possible that this was=20
> overlooked? Personally I don't think it's ever good to overlook=20
> security, especially in the case of a root exploit.

Nope.  6.3 (RELENG_6_3) will be supported until at least 31 January 2010
while 6.4 (RELENG_6_4) and 6-STABLE (RELENG_6) will be supported until at=

least 30 November 2010 by the Security team.

There are no more releases planned from the RELENG_6 branch, but that's n=
ot
the same as 'unsupported' -- patches and advisories will be issued until =
the
dates listed, and quite usually beyond that.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3