Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:08:23 -0000
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Zombie processes not clearing (solution)

Ok looks like this has been spotted before and its a kernel issue
described here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=bausg0%2416c5%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=13

I've made a 5.1 and 5.2 patch available from:
ftp://ftp.multiplay.co.uk/pub/games/fps/battlefield1942/patches/FreeBSD/

This affects all linux threaded apps which don't set SIGCHLD or
do an explicit wait().

    Steve