Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 1995 16:19:27 EST
From:      writer@cornerstone.edu
To:        seidl@cdrom.com
Subject:   RE: boot floppy trouble

>writer@cornerstone.edu Wrote:
>> In creating the boot floppy I got the following message at the end:
>> "Address mark not found"
>> The floppy will then not boot.
>>
>> 1.  new floppy - tried several
>> 2.  Use RAWRITE3
>> 3.  source was BOOT_144.FLP
>> 4.  I didn't get any errors when creating CPIO.FLP

You responded:
>Which boot floppies were you using?  Which operating system are you trying to
>install?

I FTP  from freebsd.cdrom.com
cd .11/FreeBSD/2.0-RELEASE/dos-tools/floppies
boot_144.flp using binary transfer

I used dos-tools/rawrite3 and dos-tools/rawrite with the same results.
"Address mark not found" and when trying to boot "Read error"

The floppies are 1.44 (new) and I also tried formatting them again under DOS.
Same results.
The files were FTP to a VAX running VMS 5.4 and passed to the PC under
PATHWORKS.

I believe I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.0
----
William R. Riter			|	Office: 616-949-5300 x308
Chair, Division of Business		|	Fax:    616-949-0875
Cornerstone College      		|	E-mail: writer@cornerstone.edu