Date:      Fri, 8 Apr 2011 02:22:17 -0500
From:      Zhihao Yuan <lichray@gmail.com>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, "Sergey V. Dyatko" <sergey.dyatko@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: graphics/simpleviewer doesn't build on head(?)

2011/4/8 Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@freebsd.org>:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 01:50:27AM -0500, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
>> Whatever... I don't like this image viewer.
>
> While this viewer is far from perfect, I find that it at least works
> (contrary to gliv which dumps core on me both now and many years ago
> when I first discovered it) and performs scaling correctly (unlike pho,
> which is currently my viewer of choice).
>
> I'd happily switch to anything at least as good as default viewer in
> windoze xp, but have not seen anything decent so far. =C2=A0Maybe you can
> recommend something which is not part of Gnome or KDE?

The reason I don't like it is, my ATI driver does not support OpenGL
very well -- when I scale the window size, the content disappears.

I use xli for years. When I need to see an image which is not
supported by xli (like GIF), I use display command (ImageMagick). When
I need to see a lot of images (like a manga), I use comix -- it has
some special display modes designed for manga or book.

> ./danfe

--=20
Zhihao Yuan