Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:45:02 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad R40 apm fun on STABLE

Lukas Ertl wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Michael Collette wrote:
>
>> It's been putting up a bit of a fight with FreeBSD.  The biggest of my
>> glitches seems to be apm.  Oh sure, it'll go to sleep.  What it won't do
>> =
> is
>> wake up properly.  Upon waking you can see the LCD backlight kick on, a
>> little blinking on the HD light, then the HD light goes solid on.  At
>> thi=
>> point the only recovery is a forced power down.
>
> Are you sure the machine is locked up? Eventually, the laptop has hit a
> panic and the HD light just indicates that a core dump is written :-)
>
> regards,
> le

I'm not entirely sure.  The light is lit, but I can't hear the drive spinning.
Attempting to toggle caps lock has no effect, usually a pretty good lockup
indicator.  No keystrokes impact anything.  Also, I've left it alone for
upwards of 20 minutes without it recovering.

Initially I was thinking along the same lines as you're suggesting here.

Later on,
--
"Always listen to experts.  They'll tell you what can't be done, and why.
Then do it."