Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 18:45:56 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD vs Linux

Hi,

On Wed, May 13, 1998 at 12:17:02PM -0400, Andrew Short wrote:
> A TON of people know the name "Linux".  More still "NT", and well,
> every joe who has seen Technology news on CNN thinks they can talk about
> Windows95...and now 98.  (No offense to people named Joe, nor to the
> Wordstar-like text editor).

My theory is that the downfall of Microsoft started when jokes about Win95
and Bill Gates started to become popular outside of 'hacker' circles.

 -Jeremy

Ob-advocacy: Persuade Scott Adams to feature FreeBSD. With some well
positioned 'Bill' puns. I'm sure he'd go for an OS that featured a daemon as
it's logo...