Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:05:42 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 12:18:58AM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> Are there any plans to set up distribution of these 2 books (and any more
> you may publish) in mainstream bookshops outside the US (e.g. Europe). If
> you search for either book on the websites of any major UK bookshops
> (Dillons, Waterstones, Blackwells etc) they always come back "not found".

<nik@freebsd.org> Great idea, and it needs to happen. </>

<nik@bsdi.com> Work is in progress on this.  Discussions are taking place,
meetings with distributors are happening.  I can't talk about specifics,
or timescales, but this is an issue that is being worked on.  Feel free to
go in to Dillons et al, and ask them why they don't carry the book you want
to buy.  Sooner or later they'll notice that "FreeBSD" keeps coming up as
a search time on their internal inventory system, and that'll assist the
process we're going through. </>