Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:55:44 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@freebsd.org>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, Fredrick Nilsson <fredrick.nilsson@framfab.se>
Cc:        "'Antony T Curtis'" <antony.t.curtis@ntlworld.com>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Basic EJB container for FreeBSD?

Hi Jonathon,

> From what I've read, all of the decent application servers can run
> standalone or in conjunction with other servers.  It seems easiest to
> use the same server, but I'm sure lots of sites use apache/etc for
> static content.

You would be better off if you could use one single app+web server. Use
Orion. See the following article:

http://www.devx.com/appserver/articles/sf0901/sf0901-1.asp

The performance is better than Apache even! And Orion is well-supported on
FreeBSD :-)

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ