Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:53:38 -0500
From:      Justin <justin@twtelecom.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gnome and x windows help

--------------0B7442A3B728EF3D999F0307

I installed gome and everything worked fine pretty much.  Then I addedd
this line.

echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-wm" > ~/.xinitrc

now its broke and wont boot to gnome desktop when i use startx.

I just get the grey screen with nothing there.

Then I pull up an xterm and do a gnome-session to pull up the desktop
env and get a bunch of errors.

telling me im not running a gnome compliant manager...

--------------0B7442A3B728EF3D999F0307

begin:vcard
n:Victoria;Justin
tel;home:-
tel;work:414-908-9077
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Time Warner Telecom;Data Operations Team
adr:;;3235 Intertech Dr. Suite 600;Brookfield ;WI;53045;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:justin@twtelecom.net
title:Technical Support Engineer I
fn:Justin Victoria