Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 06:43:29 +0400
From:      "Andrei A. Dergatchev" <dergatchev@kapella.gpi.ru>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mozilla/OpenOffice AlphaStation 200 4/166

Jan Lentfer wrote:

> Bryan Dina schrieb:
>
>> I am wondering if the current stable Mozilla and OpenOffice ports in the
>> ports tree will compile on a DEC AlphaStation 200 4/166 running
>> FreeBSD 4.5.
>>
>> -Bryan
>>

> I don't think Mozilla will compile on any Alpha at the moment. I don't
> know about OO, but you need something like 4GB free space for the
> compile process.

1) OO currently won't _run_ on FreeBSD Alpha - there is a specific piece
of code which needs to be written - FreeBSD Alpha gcc 2.95.2 bridge code
in OO.
A few compaq engineers are busy working on Tru64 Alpha Compaq CC bridge
code, but even that one wasn't ready the last time I checked.
2) For painless usage, OO requires amount of RAM larger than that usually
found in old Alphas, so I wouldn't recommend it for Alphastations anyhow.

> hth,
>
> Jan

Regards,

Andrei