Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:40:40 -0800
From:      steve@Watt.COM (Steve Watt)
To:        jrhett@svcolo.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: any real documentation of the boot2 prompt?

In <45A7B081.6040504@svcolo.com>, jrhett@svcolo.com wrote:
>Václav Haisman wrote:
>> What does lsdev or whatever it was say? Does it show any devices besides
>> the raw disks?
>
>So I booted from CD and ran lsdev, and showed something like this (from
>memory)
>
>0: Drive A
>2: Disk 0
>     1: FFS

You need to get into your SCSI BIOS (don't know what the key
sequence is for 3ware, it's ^A for Adaptec) at the correct time
and enable the disk for booting.  As shown here, there's no chance
of it being bootable.

--
Steve Watt KD6GGD  PP-ASEL-IA          ICBM: 121W 56' 57.5" / 37N 20' 15.3"
 Internet: steve @ Watt.COM                      Whois: SW32-ARIN