Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 95 19:04:13 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        ddunbar@ipxpress.aws.waii.com (Don Dunbar)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MORE Q'S!!!

> 3) How do I get colours?

	Output the ISO/ANSI escape sequences for colors.

> 4) What if I suddenly yelled out, "Forget FreeBSD! I'm going to
>    Windows95!!! It's Better!!!

We would take your temperature.

If it was above normal, we'd sedate you until it returned to normal.
We'd ask if you still felt the same to see if there was any permanent
damage.  If there was, we'd lock you up and care for you until Microsoft
goes out of business.

If your temperature was normal in the first place, we'd ask you where
you get your drugs and suggest changing suppliers if you won't promise
to not indulge.  We'd probably lock you up on general principles, but
we wouldn't actually care for you/

> 6) What (in short) can PPP do for me?

Connect you to an internet provider.  Automatically dial when you want
to make a network connection and go away (to save you money) if you
aren't using the connection simultaneously.

It can also amaze your friends and neighbors, if you also use Netscape
or have an mbone feed, or if your neighbors are impressed by a news
feed or by blinky lights on data commmunications equipment.

If they are impressed by blinky lights and that's the reason you want
PPP, I can make you a deal and save you some money by giving you plans
for a "blinky light box" for a modest fee and a stencil that says that
"this is an ultra-top secret piece of data communications equipment".

> 7) Is it possible to use my local inet utils (IRC for example) to
>    work OverTheModem(tm) and use the SunOS 4.1.1 at the other end's
>    inet line?

Oh, yeah, PPP can do this too, but your modem lights will only blink
when you are ActuallyDoingSomething(tm), and that won't be nearly as
impressive as a real "blinky light box".  Remember that most of the
people who would be impressed got their idea of what a computer is
from watching "Star Trek", so without a real "blinky light box", you
will have to buy a sound board to play audio clips like Majel Barrett
saying "Working..." and other computer phrases.  Eventually, they will
catch on, so you will have to hire Majel Barrett (now Majel Barrett
Rodenberry) to say pithy computer things like "Abort, Retry, Ignore"
to keep the wool pulled over their eyes.

This is a losing battle (I've been there), and a "blinky light box"
really is the most cost effective thing in the long run.  Really.

> 8) What if Luke never met Obi-Wan on the planet Hoth?

Hoth is an ice planet (it's full name is "The Ice Planet, Hoth", not
to be confused with "The Cartwright Boy, Hoss" who was played by the
late lamented Dan Blocker).  I think you probably meant Dantooine,
home of "The Mos-Eisly Space Diner" and the now famous "Speil Burger".

For more information, I refer you to:

	http://stwing.resnet.upenn.edu:8001/~jruspini/faq410.txt

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert