Date:      Sat, 17 May 2003 23:57:35 -0400
From:      Paul Lathrop <plathrop@mqtweb.com>
To:        Chris P <freebsd@rawfire.torche.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Email via web.

On Saturday, May 17, 2003, at 01:01  PM, Chris P wrote:

> Anyone setup a mail client for users to access their email accounts via
> the web?  I know its more of an apache/freebsd question, but mostly
> lookin
> to see what people have had the best luck with... probably 2 diff ports
> I'm assuming to install and get it up and running.
>
> I'm on FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE  and apache 1.3.27
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> C.

Here's the magic mix I use with great success.

Postfix and Courier IMAP (with a mysql backend)
PHP
IMP - http://www.horde.org/imp/

This setup is a little touchy to get running, but now that I have it
up, administration is an absolute breeze. I love it. Anyway, if you
decide to go this route feel free to wing questions my way.

Paul Lathrop