Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 07:10:52 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Andrzej Szydlo <andrzej@tu.kielce.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: XFree mouse not working after 2.2-ALPHA -> GAMMA

>Hi,
>

>After I upgreaded from 2.2-ALPHA to 2.2-GAMMA (970215) I cannot make mouse
>
>work under XFree 3.2. It was OK before the upgreade and I use the
>
>same configuration now. I use Microsoft Mouse compatible mouse and
>
>it still works (as did on ALPHA) in text mode (BTW, thanks for
>
>this great feature).

I guess you are now running `moused'. Are you sure the `Pointer'
section of your `XF86Config' (it's in either /etc or
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11) has the following lines?

Device    "/dev/sysmouse"
Protocol  "mousesystems"

When you use `moused' and the X server together, you musn't specify
"microsoft", or anything other than "mousesystems", as the protocol.

Hope this might help.

Kazu