Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 06:30:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Beiter <jwb@xioa.cosmic.org>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP naivety

That was it! Thanks Luigi. Sorry, I had no idea dsp and dspW were associated
with the audio system.

au -aa simply allows any host to attach to the audio server.

- JoeB

Luigi Rizzo said and I quote:
]> I loaded Luigi's PnP and snd drivers and I now am able to cat au files out
]> /dev/audio1 and sound does work.. however when I run au -aa or try to run
]> raplayer they claim they can't open the device..
]>
]> au -aa:
]> Fatal server error:
]> could not create audio connection block info
]
]what is aa ?
]
]> raplayer just claims it cannot open the sound device. I did recreate the
]> link from /dev/audio to /dev/audio1
]>
]> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  11 Oct  1 21:44 /dev/audio -> /dev/audio1
]>
]> and even tried just creating /dev/audio with mknod using the maj and minor
]> numbers of /dev/audio1.
]>
]> Does anyone know what I am missing in this equation?
]
]not sure, but probably you also need to create links for /dev/dsp,
]/dev/dspW and /dev/mixer
]
]	Cheers
]	Luigi
]

Joseph Beiter                  Hacking's just another word for nothing
jwb@cosmic.org                 left to kludge.