Date:      Wed, 28 May 1997 09:00:54 -0400
From:      Greg Troxel <gdt@bbn.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   hints for CVS with PAO and non-PAO?

I'm involved in a project with Mobile IP and IPSEC, using FreeBSD as
the base.  Normally I'd just import FreeBSD sources from 2.2.2 along
the vendor branch, and hack away locally.  But I'd also like to have
the PAO code in my repository, sort of as a sub-vendor branch.

Since we don't need to stay on the bleeding edge of 2.2, I'm inclined
to import 2.2.x+PAO as the vendor branch.  That is, unpack the pure
2.2.2 sources, apply the appropriate PAO patch, and then import.
Then, any diffs will be relative to 2.2.2+PAO.

I'd be interested in any comments on this scheme, and especially in
any hints about how to do this better.