Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 23:06:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.com>
Subject:   Re: PAO questions

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	I just suceded in gettting my Toshiba 500CDT to run FreeBSD and connect
> 	to my network. Now I have a couple of questions.
>
> 	If I install using the PAO boot disk, will the PAO patches get put in
> 	by the install, or will I need to manually add them afterwards? ( I am
> 	currently at 2.1.5 and am thinking about going to 2.2GAMA as long as
> 	I'm installing).

The PAO bootdisk is a bit of a tricky fellow.  You have to run
/stand/PAOsetup after you get installed.  This builds the necessary tools
& installs the necessary kernel patches to get you all up to date.  The
documentation included with the PAO distribution is very, very good -- I
highly suggest reading it before starting!

> 	Does 2.2 GAMA includethe Xfree 3.2 stuff. if not what vesrion of XFree
> 	does it include?

Both 2.1.7 and 2.2 will include XFree86 3.2.