Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:58:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Yonny Cardenas <yonny@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Two ppp connections under serial ports...

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Daniel O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Yonny Cardenas wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to set up my box as a router with PPPd. We had no problem with
> > one network card and one serial port, but when we tried to route through
> > a second port we got the following message:
> >
> > pppd[197]: ioctl (TIOCSETD) : Device not configured
> > pppd[197]: ioctl (TIOCSETD) : Device not configured
>
> Which serial port are you using?  Does it show up as successfully found
> by the kernel when you boot (or do 'dmesg | more').  My guess is that you
> have not configured your kernel for the serial port.

I'm using two serials ports ( sio0 and sio1 ) whith null-modem cable.
My kernel is good  configured for serials. We had no problem using "cu" in
both ports simultaneously. And I run pppd so:

	pppd /dev/ttyd0 115200 aa.bb.cc.dd:ww.xx.yy.zz netmask 0xfffffff0

	OR

	pppd /dev/ttyd1 115200  ii.jj.kk.ll:mm:nn.oo.pp netmask 0xfffffff0

	and the connection is established.

But I can't to establish on both ports ppp connections at sametime, only
in one.