Date:      Sat, 13 May 2006 15:27:33 +0000
From:      "Marwan Sultan" <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   after upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1

Hello everyone,

   After years of using freebsd i decided this time to make upgrades insted
of fresh install,
   I'm on 6.0-Release and decided to upgrade to 6.1-R

   I did whats excatly on https://mikestammer.com/doku.php?id=updateos
   after comparing it to
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

   The upgrade steps went sucssuflly without an issue or an error,

   After the upgrades Done, and reboot, i checked the version by uname -a
  it was still showing 6.0Release ? isnt suppoze to be 6.1-Release ?

$ uname -a
FreeBSD Host_Here 6.0-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p7 #0: Sat May 13
11:34:05 UTC 2006     Host_Here:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

  did I do anything wrong?
  Is there any missing step?
  Please note that I didnot have any custom kernel and i did
# make buildkernel
# make installkernel
  without KERNCONF=MYKERNEL variable? correct?

Any Advise?
how to make it 6.1-Release.

Thank you.
  Marwan