Date:      Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:03:11 +1000
From:      Adrian Nakon <apnakon@bigpond.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xircom pcmcia hassles

Hi There,

I have been having a few problems configuring my Xircom GlobalAccess 56K pcmcia modem, and would very much appreciate some help.

I have set up the pccard daemon to start at bootup by putting in the appropiate setting in rc.conf.  I have also set up the ppp options file, but this is where I'm having my
hassles.  When I try to start ppp, it says that the device has not been configured.  I have tried a number of /dev/ settings - pcci0, card, cuua0 etc., but with no luck.  I
have even tried to ./MAKEDEV in the /dev directory, but to no avail.

When I boot up, the card is being recognized, and things are beeping at me etc., so I recon (I hope) I must be close to getting this to go.  Could someone please give
me some help to get this thing to go, so I can (finally) get rid of Windows.

I have a Gateway Solo 9100 with 2 pcmcia card slots.

Many Thanks,

Adrian.