Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 1995 17:11:02 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Documentation Project

On Sat, 8 Apr 1995, John Fieber wrote:

> I'll take a look at it, but I'm not entirely conviced that a
> swiss army knife httpd server is that good of a thing.  I think
> CGI scripts work just fine.

    WN doesn't replace CGI's, but it implements some of the more
common functions internally, and they happen to be the type that would
be heavily used in an online documentation system (searching and
filtering).  It compiles to a 64K binary so it is no larger (and
possibly smaller) than the NCSA httpd.  I like having it all in one
binary rather than one httpd and a bunch of external CGI binaries or
scripts.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org