Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 2019 00:58:20 -0400
From:      David Cross <dcrosstech@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   uefisign and loader

I've been working on getting secureboot working under freebsd (I today just
finished off a REALLY rough tool that lets one tweak uefi authenticated
variables under freebsd, with an eye to try to get a patch to put this into
efivar).  After setting the PK, the KEK, and the db, I was super excited to
finally secure-boot my machine, and discovered that I could not uefisign
loader.  Attempting to sign loader returns a cryptic: "section points
inside the headers" and then hangs in pipe-read (via siginfo). (this is
under 12.0 FWIW).

I am able to sign boot1, however boot1.efi doesn't handle GELI keys so its
not really useful for me.

Suggestions?