Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 04:27:21 +0800
From:      Clive Lin <clive@tongi.org>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: awt app always abort when exit using hotspot vm under STABLE

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 12:13:46AM -0800, Bill Huey wrote:
> [VM crashing for all AWT applications]

Hi,

    Just would like to drop a note. On my box with uname below:

> uname -av
FreeBSD cartier.home 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #2: Tue Oct 29 21:34:11 CST 2002     root@cartier.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERI  i386

    and malloc.conf symlink'd to aj, I can run every graphic enabled
java app(let)s successfully. Even http://go.icq.com (which is a applet
icq client) and vncviewer applet work without any glitch. If I rm
/etc/malloc.conf, something like this happens immediately:

pid 1182 (java), uid 1000: exited on signal 6

;)

Clive