Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:40:59 -0700
From:      "System Administrator" <epiadmin@epiphanet.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Stable Users" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail -- local mail problems -- FIXED

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Reynolds~" <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>

> in /etc/defaults/rc.conf show:
>   sendmail_submit_flags="-L
sm-mta -bd -q30m -ODaemonPortOptions=Addr=localhost"
> My problems about "permission denied" on any locally created mail went
away if
> I dropped the -ODaemon.... option in the submit flags.

Tried the suggested fix it with no luck...I could send mail off the box from
the command line, but not to a local user.

I found that on my other 4.6.2 boxes  " telnet 127.0.0.1 25" and "telnet
localhost 25" both connected to sendmail
but on the  4.8 boxes "localhost" connects and "127.0.0.1" is refused ,
generic ipfw rules perhaps ??

I changed in my submit.mc :

    FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl
    FEATURE(`msp')dnl

All is now well, and my backup of form submissions has been delivered to
users from clientmqueue

Dave Heller