Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:58:58 -0800
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: abuse and the -stable linux emu.

Neil Bradley wrote in message ID
<Pine.BSD.3.91.960112092026.2254A-100000@beacon.synthcom.com>:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Daniel Leeds wrote:
> > > Anyone got Linux Abuse working under -stable? I've done a kdump of it,
> > 	 Isn't anything related to Linux, abuse? ;)

> Isn't just mentioning or using Linux abuse? ;-)

Just FYI, it seems to ``work'' if you run it, wait until it says
something like:

Net driver : unable to make fifo in /tmp: Invalid argumen

Then touch these two files:

/tmp/.abuse_ndrv_in
/tmp/.abuse_ndrv_out

It then realises the network subprocess has given up the ghost and
continues. I dunno if it ``works'' as it needs a 256 colour X mode and
I can't be bothered taking mine out of 16 bpp :-)

Which leads to a question:

I found this out by doing a kdump of the process. The reason it is
failing is that it is trying to use mknod() to create fifos, where of
course we need mkfifo(). Is there any way to get the Linux emulation
layer to correct this? Perhaps if COMPAT_LINUX is defined in the
kernel, and the right bitmask is passwd to mknod(), just have it call
mkfifo()?

Gary