Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 12:34:03 +0100
From:      Mark Drayton <mark.drayton@izr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PicoBSD

Brad Morgan (B-Morgan@concentric.net) wrote:
> I have an old 486 DX4 that I'd like to use as a firewall.
>
> PicoBSD seems to be what I need but it appears to be based either
> 3.0-current or 2.2.5 both of which are quite old.
>
> Is there a more recent version available?  Is there an active mailing
> list?

PicoBSD is part of the regular FreeBSD source tree (src/release/picobsd)
so you can build a PicoBSD floppy from the 4-STABLE sources if you want.
Building can be a bit tricky but I found answers for just about every
question I had by searching the mail archives.

freebsd-small@freebsd.org has a lot of PicoBSD related traffic.

Cheers,

--

Mark Drayton