Date:      Sat, 29 May 2010 11:44:32 -0400
From:      David Horn <dhorn2000@gmail.com>
To:        Wes Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, bschmidt@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Intel Advanced-N 6200

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Wes Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org> wrote:
> Any work being done to port support the Intel 6200 devices from OpenBSD?

Yes,  Bernhard Schmidt has done some great work with the Intel
wireless devices lately.  I would suggest testing against the latest
8-stable, as it looks like everything in iwn(4) has been MFC'ed at
this point.  I have cc'ed Bernhard so that he might correct any of my
suppositions, as I do not have this exact hardware.

You might want to try 8.1 Beta 1 images as a test point, as it looks
like they are in the process of propagating to at least some of the
mirrors.

> Alternatively, are there any 802.11 expresscard adapters (the laptop unde=
> consideration has only expresscard slots...) =A0that are known to work wi=
th
> freebsd, or would I be better off just going with USB?

I found the D-Link DWA-643 (rev A1) expresscard to work well with the
ath(4) driver.  Just do not expect hotswap to work for any expresscard
at this point.

Good Luck

--_Dave