Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:15:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        DRHAGER@de.ibm.com, Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sniffing networks

That doesn't always work. Our 3Com CoreBuilder starts handing out
packets to every port on the switch during a severe flood, we've
pointed this problem out to 3Com and are awaiting a fix, but I
just wanted to let you know that a switched network doesn't
always help.

Omachonu Ogali
Intranova Networking Group