Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 00:16:10 -0200 (BRST)
From:      Giovanni P Tirloni <riot@techie.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP failures in 4.2-STABLE

Brian,

  I thought it would be something related to ppp itself after the update
  but in fact it was related to mgetty+sendfax as you've said before. I
  deinstalled it and ppp is working fine now (I'll play it mgetty again
  later).

  Thanks for your help :-)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Brian Somers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The only thing that comes to mind here is that perhaps you've got
> something like hylafax or mgetty running against the same port and
> something's gone wrong with the port locking code.
>
> It *looks* like something's writing fax commands to your modem at the
> same time as you're trying to dial....

 Giovanni P. Tirloni

 mail: riot@techie.com
 mail: tirloni@twu.net