Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 04:07:55 -0700
From:      "Dan Trainor" <dan@ript.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: X-Windows/KDE setup question

Check out (in linux it was /etc/X11/XF86Config)
/usr/local/etc/X11/XF86Config (double-check that location), and see if
there are several modes listed.  I believe that the first mode listed is
the default.  To switch modes, to see if different modes are actually
available, hold down CTRL + ALT + - (minus) or CTRL + ALT + + (plus).
That's like changing the resolution through Windows' Display setting.

I think that's the proper combination.. it's been a while since I've
used X.

-dt