Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:37:11 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@rover.village.org>, Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, sthaug@nethelp.no, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail complains about being unable to write his pid file

On Mon, Jul 21, 1997 at 04:14:15PM -0600, Nate Williams wrote:
> Warner Losh writes:
> > In message <199707212106.OAA11898@phaeton.artisoft.com> Terry Lambert writes:
> > : Can you please explain how root ownership makes something more secure?
> >

> > Files owned by root are harder to change via NFS....
>
> Ahh, you said the dirty word, NFS.  NFS stands for 'No Freaking
> Security', so if you're using NFS, you've already given up any chance of
> security.

Nate, might be the case ... but can you give me reason, why making
things even worse, if people have to use NFS ...

Or are you arguing, there is no reason to make it any better
secure, by changing file permissions, because you think it's
insecure(tm) ?! ;-))

--
Andreas Klemm | klemm.gtn.com - powered by
                    Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD