Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 16:41:47 -0500
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php not working after stopping/starting apache

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 01:22:42PM -0800, Benjamin Krueger wrote:
> * David Banning (david@skytrackercanada.com) [020405 13:18]:
> > I have an application which I wrote with php and mysql and
> > I notice after I stop apache and reconfigure httpd.conf
> > and then restart apache that the application will not run.
> >
> > To get it to run again I have to reboot the machine. Is there
> > some process, other than apache that I have to restart for my
> > php to run?
>
> There should be no other processes you have to run. Do you have php compiled
> into apache, or are you loading it as a DSO?

I am not sure.
I think DSO. I have this module load happening in httpd.conf;

<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/apache/libssl.so
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache/libphp4.so
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine SSL>
AddModule mod_ssl.c
AddModule mod_php4.c
</IfDefine>

How are you starting apache
> manually, and how do you have it configured to start on boot?

Do you mean how do I have php configured in httpd.conf for boot?
I believe php starts via apache doesn't it?