Date:      13 Feb 2001 02:38:53 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>, John Indra <john@office.naver.co.id>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch for FILE problems (was Re: -CURRENT is bad for me...)

Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au> writes:
> at which point any stdio using dynamic binary is hosed, including the
> *USELESS* copies in /tmp that installworld stashed away.

Is it possible to produce a static executable from a dynamic one,
provided the right libs are available? In that case, the initial "grab
copies of the binaries we need" phase in the installworld target could
be changed to "grab staticized copies of the binaries we need".

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org