Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 2003 11:00:53 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Florin=20Betivoiu?= <flow_of_rhin@yahoo.com>
To:        Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help on installing

Yes, I could extract the harddisk and I am curious about the option a. If
you could be more explicit on that.. Remember, I'm learning hard :-)
Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx> wrote:
On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, [iso-8859-1] Florin Betivoiu wrote:

> Hello,I am a beginner on FreeBSD. I installed 4.8-RELEASE from ftp. Now
> I would like to copy the installed system to a hard drive of another
> computer (with different hardware than the first and with no ethernet
> connection) so that computer would run FreeBSD too. Is it possible to do
> it? Thank you for your time. Cheers, Florin.

there are several posibilities:

a) could you extract the hard disk from the second computer and
install it in the first one?

If you can, do it and repeat the installation. The second computer
surely will work.

b) with the first computer download the 4.8-RELEASE ISO image, burn it
in a CD and use it to install FreeBSD in the second one.

c) buy the distribution CDs from FreeBSD Mall. They are not expensive.
If you subscribe [to get them each time they are released], they are
even cheaper.