Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:32:38 -0400
From:      Garrett Moore <garrettmoore@gmail.com>
To:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems replacing failing drive in ZFS pool

The data on the disks is not irreplaceable so if I lose the array it isn't
the end of the world but I would prefer not to lose it as it would be a pain
to get all of the data again.

Freddie's explanation is reasonable, but any ideas why it didn't happen when
I replaced my first dead drive (da5)? That replacement was completely
painless.

The system is in a Supermicro case with a hotswap backplane:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/4U/743/SC743TQ-865.cfm
The backplane ports are connected to a Supermicro AOC-USASLP-L8I LSI 1068E
8-PORT RAID 0/1/10 Uio SATA/SAS Controller.

By the way, Freddie, in your instructions in the 'reboot' step I assume that
is when I will be switching the physical drives, correct?