Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:37:23 -0700
From:      David Godsey <dave@godseyfamily.com>
To:        schweikh@freebsd.org, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/lib/match.c and freebsd 5.1

daveg# uname -a
FreeBSD daveg 5.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #0: Thu Jun  5 02:55:42
GMT 2003     root@wv1u.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
daveg#

Note this works fine on a freebsd 4.7 box, but the same function
compilation fails for 5.1.
I get the following error with the source code I was able to find in a
cvs tree on freebsd's site in match.c in the package tools lib directory:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/lib/

daveg# make
===> lib
Warning: Object directory not changed from original
/usr/home/dave/package_tools/lib
cc -lfetch  -Wsystem-headers -Werror -Wall -Wno-format-y2k
-Wno-uninitialized  -c match.c -o match.o
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
match.c: In function `matchinstalled':
match.c:100: warning: passing arg 3 of `fts_open' from incompatible
pointer type
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/dave/package_tools/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/dave/package_tools.
daveg#

That line is:
ftsp = fts_open((char * const *)(uintptr_t)paths, FTS_LOGICAL | FTS_NOCHDIR
| FTS_NOSTAT, fname_cmp);

It looks like the third parameter it the function fname_cmp, which gives
an incompatible pointer type.   As I said I'm not all that familiar with
fts functions, and I can dig in, however someone has to have looked into
this because pkg tools work fine on this freebsd distro.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also if I'm sending this to the wrong place to get an answer for this,
please tell me where to post this question.

David Godsey