Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 2015 15:21:55 -0700
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports-mgmt/pkg does not build

On Wed, 2015-12-23 at 23:01 +0100, Ronald Klop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I upgraded my Sheevaplug from CURRENT r285336 (Jul 10) to r292343
> (Dec
> 16). This went from clang 3.6.1 to 3.7.0.
> This runs, but  building potrs-mgmt/pkg does not work.
> The error of clang is:
> error: no handler registered for module format 'raw'
> fatal error: error in backend: unknown module format
>
> See http://www.klop.ws/config.log for more information.
>
> What could be the cause of this? Or what information can I provide to
> help?
>
> Regards,
> Ronald.

This isn't a problem with ports, it's a problem with clang 3.7 -- it
just doesn't work on armv4/5.  It works to crossbuild from amd64, but
when run native on arm it fails.  It's a known problem that nobody is
working on, because the old arm stuff just doesn't get any love
anymore.  When I needed to do a bit of testing on dreamplug recently I
just switched to the old gcc compiler.

-- Ian