Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:44:27 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        mb@imp.ch
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   StarOffice 5.2 port for FreeBSD.

I've been trying to install the StarOffice port for FreeBSD.  It appears the
checksum for the StarOffice binary from Sun has changed but the port has not.
It also appears to have tripped a bug (or limitation) in ld.so.  This system
is a recent -STABLE:

FreeBSD star 4.1.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE #0: Wed Oct 25 15:55:27 MDT 2000
    rootb@star:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STAR  i386

'make' in the staroffice port yeilds:

>> Checksum mismatch for staroffice52/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin.

Running make with NO_CHECKSUM=yes yeilds:

===> staroffice-4.2 depends on file: /compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6 - found
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elft_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!
*** Error code 127

Has anyone else seen this, or a similar problem?  Do I just need to cvsup
the system again?