Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:38:41 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhclient with bge failing

Hi,

I've just cvsup'd my Latitude D820 laptop with a Broadcom BCM5752
to the latest 6-STABLE, and I seem to experiencing some problems with
the dhcp client on the base system. The dhcp-client program fails to
request an IP address from the DHCP server running isc-dhcp3-server.
With a Windows based DHCP server, it succeeds more often, but seems to
fail perhaps 1 out of 10 times. I thought it could the NIC itself, but
when booting under Windows, there doesn't to be any problems with the
Windows DHCP client requesting an IP address from either the Windows
DHCP server or ISC-DHCP server.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
                             "Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."