Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:49:02 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Benedikt Schmidt <BeSchmidt@cloaked.de>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: umount hangs system

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 04:51:42AM +0200, Benedikt Schmidt wrote:

> Everytime I try to unmount one of the ufs partitions on my harddisk the system
> hangs and I can do nothing but a hard reset.

The following was commited in the last few days - could this be what
you're seeing?

	David.

tegge       2000/08/08 17:41:54 PDT

  Modified files:
    sys/ufs/ffs          ffs_softdep_stub.c
  Log:
  Initialize *countp to 0 in stub for softdep_flushworklist().
  This allows ffs_fsync() to break out of a loop that might otherwise
  be infinite on kernels compiled without the SOFTUPDATES option.
  The observed symptom was a system hang at the first unmount attempt.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.14      +2 -1      src/sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_softdep_stub.c