Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:44:53 -0500
From:      John Robert LoVerso <loverso@opengroup.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2-980219-SNAP sysinstall bug

Yesterday I downloaded the aforementioned snap and tried to use
"upgrade" on some old machines (running 2.1.7.1 and 2.2.1).  Using
the boot.flp, sysinstall botched reading the existing disklabel
for both machines (one using a 2G SCSI disk off an NCR825, the
other a laptop using a 1G drive).  It picked up the slices (fdisk)
just right, it just claimed that neither disk was set up into
partitions.  When I rebooted using the 2.2.5 boot.flp, sysinstall
picked up the labels of both disks correctly.  Hence, this is a
bug introduced since 2.2.5.

John