Date:      Sun, 22 May 2005 16:40:14 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Sten Spans <sten@blinkenlights.nl>
Cc:        Jim Babcock <jimbus@usa.com>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha: kernel stack not valid halt

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 03:09:46PM +0200, Sten Spans wrote..
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 06:32:20AM -0500, Jim Babcock wrote..
> >
> >You are most likely the first person ever to try a DS15....
> >
> >In other words, this is most likely not gonna work.
>
> It's a shame that no BSD supports the ds15. The biggest
> challenge is integrating support for the titan chipset,
> for which linux code exists.
>
> I'd love working on it, but the hardware is still somewhat
> expensive. A hardware donation would certainly help to
> get the work done.

DS15 is a neat box, but I have never had my hands on one.
They are not too common, or more accurate, they are most
likely in full commercial production use.  Which makes them
rare & expensive in the surplus market.

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko@FreeBSD.org