Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:10:33 -0700
From:      Koroush Saraf <koroush.saraf@lmco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree86 runs as root but not as user!

This is probably a trivial and old question, but I havn't found an answer
yet.

I just installed BSD 4.6 and can't get XFree86 to run as a user.
It works fine as root.  So I figure some permission is not set correctly
somewhere.
I tried to chmod 4755 on startx just to see what happens, and nothing
exciting happened!
The error is below:  Please help! and include this email address in the
reply