Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 2008 22:13:43 +0900
From:      TAOKA Fumiyoshi <fmysh@iijmio-mail.jp>
To:        Kristjan Sander <Kristjan.Sander@rmk.ee>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Zope FreeBSD port for Python 2.5

On 2008/12/19, at 20:53, Kristjan Sander wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam
>
> Could you please provide information about possible Zope 2.10 port
> supporting Python 2.5? I have a FreeBSD installation with Python 2.5
> and Zope 2.10 using Python 2.4 and that creates problems because
> Python _mysql library is installed for Python 2.5 and does not work
> with Python 2.4. I would rather not compile and install mysql
> support for Python 2.4 by hand.
>
> Yours faithfully,
>
> Kristjan Sander

Hi Kristjan

Zope 2.x does not support Python 2.5 at upsteam.
Quoted from http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.10.7/Zope-2.10.7-released

   Supported Python versions:
   Zope 2.10 requires Python 2.4.5 or higher (Python 2.4.4 is still
   acceptable). Older Python versions are no longer supported.
   Python 2.5 is not supported at this time.

You can set PYTHON_VERSION to install a port specifying a Python
version.
See /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.python.mk.

# cd /usr/ports/databases/py-MySQLdb
# env PYTHON_VERSION=python2.4 make install

Fortunately MySQL-python port seems not to conflict for multiple
python versions.

--
TAOKA Fumiyoshi