Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 23:18:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Raja Velu <raja@micronetusa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows software for burning CD Images?

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Raja Velu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I downloaded the 4.6 release CDs from the FreeBSD FTP site. (The .iso files)
>
> I xfered these files to a Windows box (the only one which has a CD-RW drive)
> and tried burning the 4.6-disc1.iso file using Easy CD Creator - I used the
> ISO 9660 option.

> I was wondering if anybody's tried doing what I am attempting here. If so,
> where did I go wrong?
> 1. Do I have to view the .iso file's contents through vnconfig and copy them
> onto a CD?
> 2. Do I HAVE to use RockRidge format - EasyCDCreator doesn't have that
> option. So, which PC-based CD Writing software can I use?

I've burned ISOs successfully with EasyCDCreator (even a version a couple
of years old)--look at your burned CD.  Is it just one file?  You need to
find the option in the File menu that says "Create CD from CD image" and
click on it--then your burned CD will have lots of files and directories.
Then it will work.

	Annelise

(P.S. I like burncd better than EasyCDCreator for making ISOs,
but no, you don't have to do anything to the iso file, although
burncd has a lot of options you have to set.)

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC